Friday, November 23, 2012

Thrift Shop Series: Part I


About a month ago, Value Village reached out to me and asked if I would be a fashion ambassador for them. I was hesitant at first, considering I had never really thrifted, however I've seen the incredible finds that people have walked away with and thought this would be a fun opportunity to embrace the potential thrifter in me. So last Sunday, my friend K and I took a trip to one of the VV's near my home with $200 of VV gift cards in hand. I have to say, I was so glad K was with me because I was pretty overwhelmed in the beginning. She had a systematic way of going through the store since she had lots of experience at the VV in college, shopping for ridiculous animal sweaters and Halloween costumes.

In the spirit of Black Friday, I thought it would be appropriate to share my first thrifting experience with you. I came away with some great stuff, including the below: an authentic DvF scarf for $2.99 and a beautiful gold elephant head bangle for $7.99. I also scored an awesome J. Crew cable knit sweater in bright orange which I cannot wait to wear.














Can't wait to wear this!

Photos c/o Katelyn McGinnis {Thanks lady!}

1 comment:

  1. wow that scarf!!!!love it
    kisses from Milano
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete